"PET Asia Outlook - Next level of growth"
Government Lifts Anti-Dumping Duty for PET Products
Friday, 21 March, 2014 Tempo.co
The lifting of antidumping duties bring good cheers to suppliers from South Korea, China, Singapore & Taiwan as primarily the Indonesian market was largely dominated by local producers PT Indo-Rama Synthetics Tbk, PT Indorama Ventures Indonesia and PT Polypet Karyapersada.
The growing consumer market led food & beverage producers to appeal for a lifting of antidumping duties as local market experience a shortage of PET and antidumping duties had increased their production costs
While in 2013 domestic PET production reached 467,000 tons, 250,000 tons of this was reportedly exported , leaving a shortage for domestic use.
According to Canadean “the 130 million Indonesian consumers aged 29 or under are one of the best opportunities for consumer packaged goods (CPG) firms across Asia-Pacific. Big brands like L’Oreal and Unilever have recently opened new factories in Indonesia presenting new opportunities to packaging manufacturers
In Japan it is reported that CSD sector accounts for over 87 % of the Japanese PET market share. Meanwhile, shampoos and detergents showed a trend of increasingly shifting away from rigid HDPE and flexible pouches to PET packaging solutions
CMT brings together a line up of authoritative speakers with wide experience in the PET industry to discuss and share concerns on the challenges faced.
Key Highlights include
· Update on PET as Packaging Material on the Food and Beverage Industry in Indonesia
· Perspective from Rachmat Hidayat Government Relation Director of PT Tirta Investama (Danone Aqua), who is also responsible for regulatory aspects of PET imports/exports for the food & beverage sector
· Update on PET market in China
· Realization of the Asean Economic Community (AEC) by 2015 and its impact on the PET and beverage packaging business - Thailand's perspective
· OEM Beverage filling business – PET conversion and Manufacturing preform in Indonesia
· Producing food grade RPET, close to 100% virgin resins - sharing of experiences from Visy
· Convertors experience with a Aseptic Technology for milk / milk based product in PET – India
· PTA feedstock availability covering like China, Korea, India, Taiwan, Middle east.
PET Outlook Asia - About Event | About Conference